October 27, 2008

excuses, excuses!

Well, I have excuses, though not really very good ones...

A whole bunch of folks (TwilightLover, ClayJar & Creaturespirit) have left comments lately and I've hardly replied, I'm about two and half weeks (or more) behind in answering email (Tuyu, Sensei, Ruth, Tia)...

The first excuse is that my poor irreplaceable computer was having cooling fan trouble (you would too if you'd sucked that much dust up your nose!) and was badly in need of help. Thankfully, help was granted yesterday and its running a lot cooler now and I don't have to cringe when I turn the thing on, expecting flames to come blasting out.

The second excuse is that NaNoWriMo has had us all enthralled and our rationed online time has been pretty nearly consumed by that. We've been good, though, and haven't wasted our time on the forums (for the most part), though it was noted that there's an appropriately named thread on the forums called "NaNoWriMo ate my soul" - with help for those folks whose lives have been subsumed by novel plots and word count goals. Mostly we've just been planning and plotting and coming up with character sketches and maps of lands where wild adventures are going to occur come November. Wish me luck with keeping in touch in November, too...

The third excuse is simply a reason to ask for forgiveness from everyone - I go through phases where my introvert tendencies run strong and I go into a strange hibernation mode... with nary an email peep or a phone call from me. It doesn't mean I've forgotten you or am unhappy or anything other than overly caught in my own mind, assuming everyone knows that I'm thinking of them.

So, if you're expecting a reply, please keep expecting because eventually, knowing that you're expecting something will cause me to feel the pressure and I'll snap out it and send you a note or post something interesting up here.

But truly, I am thinking of you all!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Oh my! Great (creative) minds think alike. Guess what I'm doing this year? NANOWRIMO!!!!!!! Who completely, amazingly, wowingly awesome is that? You are the first person I know who is also doing it. This is my first year. . . . .