September 15, 2008

Home is where the ART is

We've been having a great time with one of CUN's recently graduated art students, Cao Shuang. He's about to start grad school, but has had free time to meet with us once a week. It's so nice to have an excuse to draw and paint. The last time I did any drawing at all regularly was when we were living in Hangzhou, and then we just had crayons and watercolors. Now we're learning how to use gouache, which we all like a lot.

He's had us sketch regularly, which is nice practice.

Here are some of the things that are up in our "gallery" at home.













4 comments:

Bluebell said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Y'all are quite the artists!

Unknown said...

Hello! It's Miss Day! It has been fun looking at your blog. Your artwork is very nice. Say hello to Merlin for me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Merlin! It's Emily.I like your pictures!
I came back from Japan. It was very fun there! I ate some shaved-ice called Kakigoli. It was very good ! We also went to a lot of places in Japan. My favorite time was when we went to see the fireworks. When we went there it was so crowded in the subway station! Then we noticed that the fireworks made pictures! First we saw a watermelon, then a heart and a smiley face.
I hope you're having a great time in China! I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily ,it's Merlin. I really really miss you.I'm doing Nanowrimo which is a thing where you write a novel in a certain month. I've started planning for my novel.I can't wait to get back!!! The nt-so-good-luck is that we're not sure if we'll move back to Davis. It depends on if my dad gets a job somewhere else. I have my fingers crossed. I was hoping you had a good time in Japan. I'll type to you again next time!