July 21, 2008

well, that was strange....

I've issued a retraction of the below assessment, here.


****

For the last four days or so I was unable to view the home page of the blog - I could log in to blogger and post (that's how the two before this made it in), but any time I tried to view it, in its own page or not, I was redirected to some spam blog.

I did a little asking around and I found that there wasn't a problem on the U.S. side. Yesterday morning I checked again and was able to get to it, so I didn't have a chance to see if it was just a problem from my ISP or if other computers/ISP avenues here were also having issues.

My assessment: the Tiananmen post by Devin flagged our blog and blogger was blocked (for me) internally for the few days it took for them to recognize that it was innocuous. The fact that I was able to access the blogger main site but not blogger blogs seemed to indicate that this was the case.

This kind of thing makes me feel like putting keywords in every post so they have to manually go through and verify everything. Maybe I'll try to improve the entertainment value of this blog so that even the internet censors have something fun to do every day. You know, if they're going to be that uptight, let's make it enjoyable for everybody! I don't mind that I couldn't see the blog (since I had other options), it verified the existence of that realm we already knew about but couldn't prove. Well, I guess I still can't prove it, but as they say, "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!"

No comments: