June 16, 2008

what I'm learning from this move....

I have extremely generous friends.

It’s hard for me to ask for help, I’m too used to doing everything on my own, but I’m really tired of having to be "on" all the time, of always being responsible and making all the decisions.

It was a welcome respite to let everyone else decide how to cram everything into the storage unit.

I worry a lot.

I worry that I’ve asked too much of my friends.

We have too much stuff. I dislike waste, but it's become extreme - I’m probably too worried that I might need something and not have it – so I squirrel it all away.

I need to stop being such a boy scout – who cares if I’m not always prepared. It would be liberating to have more breathing room and less stuff.

It’s always a bad idea to go to bed hungry. I wake up in the middle
of the night, can’t get back to sleep for all the worrying, plus I’m hungry.

3 comments:

Margie said...

Dear Wendy, Dan, Devin and Merlin, Please know that you are a part of our family. We think about you and pray for you all. Wherever you go no matter how long or how short your journey, we are always glad when you are home in Davis. You are a good force in our lives. We think about you all the time. We send strong, positive thoughts your way. Love margie, Bill and Clara

Tia said...

I liked helping and playing with you guys! Have fun in China! I'll keep bugging you on this blog!

If you figure out how to NOT collect a bunch of stuff, let me know. My apartment is packed too!

Wendy said...

Margie,

thank you so much for your kind words and all your help. You folks are among the strong roots that connect us to Davis - we'll think of you often too and hope you'll come visit us this coming year.

Tia - please keep on bugging - you're entitled since you're now one of my honorary kids :-)

'til next time!

Wendy