June 05, 2008

Dragon's Well Good Luck Shop

Ancient China, Greece, India, Egypt, and Rome filled my head every hour of the day, and why?



Some time during the school year my teacher, Mr. Cook announced that we would be doing a very important project on one of the five ancient countries we studied about. And, it was only a few days ago that it really happened. It was called Market Day.

Market Day was a day when all of the sixth graders got together and everybody chose a country and a job. People were chandlers, potters, fisherman, and glassblowers from all countries.



I, myself, was a Chinese good luck fortune shop owner. First I brought goldfish and crickets which were the most popular things in Market Day. I also brought good luck knots that I had made, and told fortunes.










The fortunes didn’t really make it through but the knots were second choice. Surprisingly, I was even written about in the Davis Enterprise.





Market Day ended with success, as I had gotten many items in trade. At the end of Market Day I lugged my wagon full of stuff (the wagon I used to bring things to Market Day) all the way back to school.

posted by Devin

2 comments:

Bluebell said...

Hi Devin! Looks like you did an awesome job. You look so beautiful in your traditional garb. I bet everyone thought your booth was the best. Wish I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

gezz Dev. you look COOL!!!! Megan B. was there? She told me that you don't like her that true?