May 27, 2008

two weeks running

and now we're at the point where we can actually count down: 28 days.

Simply because I'm lacking in motivation to sit down and describe what we've been doing (being too wrapped up in all my current preparation-worries), I'm mostly going to post pictures without much in the way of commentary.

1. Aikido Demonstration at the Whole Earth Festival in Davis.
Mother's Day, contrary to the way it's usually celebrated, is best when it involves aikido - and is one of the few occasions a student has to throw her Sensei in public.

I made up for it, however, as seen in this next photo, with a senior student sending me rolling.




Devin participated too, with her fine bokken style (contrary to my mix-ups in mid demonstration!)


2. We celebrated Merlin's 8th birthday - very lowkey, with a few gifts...










but all the excitement was being saved up for the following weekend when we went to ........








3. Disneyland!
Aunt Karen and Uncle Rob were our professional-quality guides (knowing all the ins and outs as they do).
Favorites included:

The Mountains (Splash, Space and Thunder) for Devin
(obviously not so much for Merlin as you can see by the expression on her face).


Finding Nemo, AstroBlasters, King Triton's Carousel, and the Teacups for Merlin.


and I had to go on Pirates of the Caribbean three times!

No comments: